2.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Purchased Kenmore Elite 51779 fridge on 12/29/2016 and was delivered on 1/4/2017. Reported an issue with ice maker on 11/22/2017. Tech came out and replaced ice maker and left, but it was still broke. Reported 2nd issue on 11/27/2017. A different tech came out and soldered wires at the bottom of the door and told us it was a flaw with the design. He also mentioned that the first tech should have checked this before he left because this was a known issue.

Now the ice maker stopped working again on 3/2/2018. Reported issue on 3/19/2018 and tech came out on 3/22/2018. The same tech that soldered wires came out. He triage the issue and then called some number to get some direction on the repair. The person he called said that the door needed to be replaced which would cost $1900. We didn't even pay that much for the fridge brand new.

He said he couldn't do the solder repair because they can only do that once because the wires are too short now. He's the one that made the wires too short. He told us that this is a design flaw with this fridge. We've had the fridge for 15 months and had it fixed a little over the 90 day warranty the last time he was out. I'm done with Kenmore and Sears. There's no one to speak to about this issue and the only people that you can talk to read from a script and the English is not very good.

Now I'm stuck with a refrigerator that can't make ice or even dispense it if I fill up the ice bin.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore 51779 Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Fix the issue and refund the service charge or refund all the money I've spent..

I liked: Easy to purchase.

I didn't like: Quality.

Comments

Hear is a list of local management of Sears home service phone numbers.Tom 716-570-1391, Mike 518-331-2341, Lisa 585-455-1711, Darlyene 585-424-0912, Mark 716-536-0159, Bob 716-866-8105.You can try them, they are located in the US not overseas. I would also contact your local news media and the bbb. Rochester NY